COVID-19 RESOURCE TOOLKIT November, 2020 A Guide for Canadian Planners and Urbanists
This document contains over 800 curated resources collected from March to October 2020, and includes academic articles, best-practices documents, news reports, podcasts, panel discussions and more relating to the impacts of COVID-19 on the discipline of city-building
Built for Zero is a data tool that gives a view of homelessness across the entire community — and allows teams to work toward ending it.
It works through putting together a « By-name list » – a comprehensive list of every person in a community experiencing homelessness, updated in real time. Using information collected and shared with their consent, each person on the list has a file that includes their name, homeless history, health, and housing needs.By maintaining a by-name list, communities are able to track the ever changing size and composition of their homeless population. They know current and detailed information on every homeless person in a given subpopulation.
Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ Partners for Climate Protection (PCP) program has launched a new website full of tools, case studies and other resources to assist municipalities meet climate goals.
PCP is a network consisting of 400 municipalities nationally that strive to take climate action by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Design Ideas for the Post-Pandemic Public Library
The ideas came out of the findings from a survey of the American Library Association (ALA) community and a virtual roundtable with representatives who lead or operate 10 public libraries across the U.S. Both the survey questions and the roundtable discussion focused on the current challenges public libraries are facing and opportunities for long-term change in response to the pandemic.
Tools and solutions that look at various ways behavioral science can be useful to deal with COVID-19
The Behavioral Side of COVID-19 Blog Series
- Social Distancing & When to Seek Medical Help
- When Social Distancing Is Impossible: Humanitarian Crises and Human Behavior
- So You’re Working From Home? Make the Most of it with Behavioral Science Tips
- Behavioral Insights for Keeping Your Sanity While Working at Home with Kids
- When Panic Buying Hurts: Strategies to Lessen the Impact on WIC Participants
- Designing for Effective Physical Distancing in Essential Public Spaces
- Inoculating Democracy from COVID-19
- Resources for Making Financial Supports Behaviorally Informed During a Crisis
- Behavioral Design for Public Agencies’ COVID-19 Response
- Making Government COVID-19 Communications More Effective
- COVID-19 Is Different–Charitable Giving Should Be Too
- Could Temporary, Behaviorally Informed Changes to WIC Be Program Fixtures?
- What Behavioral Science Can Teach us 4+ Months into the COVID-19 Pandemic
- New Playbook Helps Officials Prepare People to #VoteSafe
- Now Is the Time to Improve the WIC Participant Experience
- The College Student Journey in the Time of COVID-19
- 8 Strategies for College Leaders Advancing Change Initiatives
- Using Behavioral Insights to Make the Most of Emergency Social Protection Cash Transfers
- Brain, Meet Modern Journalism
- Boosting Student Voter Participation During a Pandemic
- Helping Community Food Advocates Spread the Word about Pandemic-EBT Food Benefits to NYC Families
City of Cornwall: Business Reopening Toolkit
Cornwall Economic Development has developed an online Business Reopening Toolkit to help in this process.The Toolkit is a collection of resources that include a 6-page guidebook, and a number of posters, fact sheets and guidelines – including an easy to use calculator for determining the maximum number of people allowed in a store under current social distancing guidelines.
Guide created to help reopening of small events and venues
The Reopening Guide addresses health and sanitary issues that event and venue professionals need to consider in order to protect both patrons and workers. Since there is still insufficient testing, no contact tracing, and no vaccine against COVID-19, this guidance is particularly detailed. The first edition is tailored to be especially useful for event professionals reopening the smallest events with the fewest resources available to mitigate their risks, since in every municipal reopening plan these will be allowed to reopen first.
Podcasts axés sur la municipalité sur COVID-19
Municipal World offre une série de baladodiffusions sur COVID-19 pour aider les municipalités canadiennes à intervenir et à faire face à la pandémie